For those of you who haven’t seen the notice, WordPress 3.9 is just around the corner. Slotted to launch in April, WordPress.org is now at WordPress 3.9 Beta 2 testing. I know if you’re a user of WordPress and not a code geek, this doesn’t mean much to you. So let me explain it better.
Among some of the changes you’ll find interesting are:
- Viewing embedded audio and video players directly in the visual editor. (No more yucky code in the visual editor!)
- Galleries now receive a live preview in the editor. (All photographers just cheered in unison!)
- Editing images just got easier. You can now make changes to an image after you insert it into a post and you no longer get kicked to a new window when cropping or rotating an image.
- New audio/video playlists. (Maybe this might allow you to remove a plugin or two from your website.)
- Copy and paste from Microsoft Word has improved.
Lots of great stuff there!
Are you excited about the new release? Let me know!